Last updated: September 7, 2020
Who are we?
ADM ENERGY is an AIM-listed natural resources investing company with an existing asset base in Nigeria.
The registered office of ADM ENERGY is at 60 Gracechurch Street, London EC3V 0HR, United Kingdom. For the purposes of data protection law, we will be a controller of your personal information and will ensure your rights are protected.
Scope and Acceptance of This Policy
This Policy applies to the personal data we collect about you for the purposes of providing you with products and services.
By using the Website, or ADM Energy branded pages or applications on third party social media (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn), or by giving us your personal data, you acknowledge, accept, and consent to the practices described in this Policy. If you do not agree to this Policy, please do not use the Website or give us any personal information.
Personal Data Collected by ADM Energy
ADM Energy may collect personal data, which includes, but is not limited to, your name, company name, address, phone number, email address, IP address, bank account information, shareholder information, and information regarding what web pages are accessed and when. Information ADM Energy stores when contacting the company may include the same information as previously mentioned. Information gathered about you may come from a variety of sources, including, but not limited to:
- online and electronic interactions with the Website or the Company;
- in-person interactions with employees of our company or our representatives at an event/trade show;
- offline interactions with us, including direct marketing campaigns, various requests, and contacts through ADM Energy digital platforms
- your interaction with online targeted content (such as advertisements) that ADM Energy, or service providers on our behalf, provide to you via third-party websites or applications; and
- other sources, including third-party social media. Information that you allow third-party social media to share with the public may include your name, email address, gender, birthday, city, profile picture, username, and “friends” list. You can learn what is public on your profile through the website of the relevant third-party social media.
ADM Energy processes your personal information to meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations and to keep you informed of events and news relating to ADM Energy. We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your information in any way, other than as specified in this notice.
Why ADM Energy Collects Personal Data and How It May Be Used
We may use your information for, without limitation, the following purposes:
- Email Alert Service – to send email alerts regarding news, financial results and other investor-related information.
- Customer Service – to provide you with customer service, including responses to your inquiries, complaints and feedback about our products. Customer service may be provided through email or traditional mail or by telephone.
- Personalization – ADM Energy may combine personal data about you collected from one source (e.g., a website) with data collected from another source (e.g., an offline event). This information gives ADM Energy a more complete view of you as a consumer which, in turn, allows ADM Energy to better serve you with respect to the following, among other things:
- Websites – to improve and personalize your experience on the Website or other ADM Energy hosted websites, using data such as account login information, technical computer information, and/or previous website usage information; and
- Products – to improve our products or generate ideas for new products.
- Marketing Communications – to provide you with marketing communications (to the extent you have opted in to receiving such communications). These communications include information about ADM Energy, its products and services, and promotions. Such communications might be shared via electronic means (e.g., email and online advertising) or by traditional mail.
Recipients of Personal Data
ADM Energy shares your data or may be processed by the following third-party service providers (but is not limited to):
- Brokers (as intermediaries between the company and investors they routinely collect information from internal or external sources)
- PR Companies (public relations companies may collect information on shareholders from internal or external sources and use this information to contact shareholders directly)
- Accounting Firms (for our accounts or for billing/invoice purposes)
- Share Registrars (who compile holder lists which are required for reasons such as AGM’s and annual reports)
- Government based or supported regulatory bodies (upon request)
- Service Providers (the Email Alerts service is provided by EQS Group AG on behalf of ADM Energy Plc)
Sharing of Personal Data by ADM Energy
We do not share or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement. All processors/third-parties acting on our behalf will comply fully with this privacy notice; the data protection laws and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
All third-parties/data processors that have access to sensitive data will be required by ADM Energy to have a signed agreement in place to ensure that they are GDPR compliant and have all measures in place to safeguard personal data. When ADM Energy ceases any form of work with data processors/third-parties, ADM Energy has an agreement that has been signed by the data processors/third-parties for immediate erasure of sensitive data.
ADM Energy may disclose your personal data if required to do so by law or, if in ADM Energy’s commercially reasonable judgment, such legal disclosure is necessary to comply with legal processes or to respond to any claims (e.g., financial audit).
Your Individual Rights
If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to do so as quickly as possible; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
You also have the right to request the erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing in accordance with the data protection laws; as well as to object to any direct communication from us. Where applicable, you have the right to data portability of your information and the right to be informed about any automated decision-making we may use.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
To contact us please click on our “Contact Us” link and fill out the online form on the Website.
Data Security and Retention
- ADM Energy takes the issue of data security very seriously. Every time you send us your credit card number and your billing and shipping information, we use the industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to prevent the information from being intercepted.
- ADM Energy stores your data in a secure operating environment and it is only accessible to ADM Energy employees, agents, and contractors on a need-to-know basis. Contracts are in place that requires others to keep your personal information private and secure.
- Your personal information regarding transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary, taking into account, among other factors, our need to answer questions or resolve problems and to comply with legal requirements under applicable laws. This means that ADM Energy may retain your personal data for a reasonable period after your last interaction with us. When the personal data that we collect is no longer required in this way, we will destroy or delete it in a secure manner.
Disclaimer of Liability for Third-Party Interactions
Your dealings with any third party that resells, distributea, ships, or otherwise interacts with ADM Energy products or services are solely between you and any such third party and are subject to any terms, conditions, privacy policies, warranties, and/or representations associated with such dealings. Your use of a third-party site is at your sole risk and, as set forth above, without warranty or legal liability of any kind on the part of ADM Energy.
Children’s Personal Information
ADM Energy does not knowingly solicit or collect personal data from children. If we discover that we have accidentally collected personal data from a child (for which the age of consent varies by country), we will remove that child’s personal data from our records as soon as is reasonably practicable.
How to Contact Us
Click on our “Contact Us” link and fill out the online form on the Website.
ADM Energy reserves the right to make changes to this Policy from time to time and without notice to you. You will remain bound by the terms of this Policy notwithstanding any such changes. Please review the Policy periodically for any changes or new information.
Changes to This Policy
From time to time, ADM Energy may update this policy. Changes to this policy will be made available on our website: https://admenergyplc.com/. We recommend that you check this policy regularly so that you are aware of any changes.